Water Research Laboratory
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
King St, Manly Vale NSW 2093
Sydney NSW 2052
Adjunct, Water Research Laboratory, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Bill is the former Director of the Water Research Laboratory and a former co-Director of the UNSW Water Research Centre.
He has over 30 years professional engineering expertise and research experience in large-scale water engineering. This includes the fields of:
- engineering hydraulics and fluid mechanics;
- coastal and ocean engineering;
- river engineering;
- estuarine and port engineering; and
- engineering hydrology.
His specialist research interests include:
- Wave dynamics: air-sea interaction; wave breaking; turbulence; fluid mechanics.
- Coastal and Oceanographic Processes; Coastal Structures.
- Estuarine Processes: environmental flows to estuaries; estuarine ecology; ecohydraulics; cohesive sediment dynamics.
- Air-water exchanges of gases and other tracers
- Climate Change Adaptation of major Engineering infrastructure.
- Computer Applications in Civil and Environmental Engineering: Numerical and Physical Modelling; Instrument Design.
- Flood and River Engineering; Stormwater Structures.
- Atmospheric boundary layer processes.
- Outfall Design and Assessment.
- Reservoir Engineering.